Honeyville City is seeking a part-time Deputy Clerk to assist the City Clerk in responsibly performing administrative, financial and clerical work in the administration of federal, state and local statutes, the maintenance of official municipal records, the issuing of various licenses and documents, and the administration of fair and accurate elections; and all other related work as required. It is also the purpose of this position to perform these functions in the absence of the City Clerk.
1. Performs a variety of responsible functions in accordance with state statues and local laws.
2. Works under the direction of the City Clerk and Mayor/City Council.
Work is performed under typical office conditions.
l. Performs duties while being constantly interrupted during the day. Required to work outside of normal business hours and attend frequent evening meetings. Required to utilize personal vehicle for responsibilities away from the office. May be required to participate in town events.
2. Operates a computer, calculator, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
3. Makes frequent contact with the public, town boards/committees, attorney, insurance companies, political candidates, other municipal town clerks and local, county, and state governmental officials. Contacts are by phone, in person, or by electronic means.
4. Has full access to all town confidential information such as personnel records, bid proposals, legal strategy, pending litigation, collective bargaining negotiating positions, information relating to inter-departmental project plans and programs, and personal information, requiring the application of appropriate judgment, discretion and professional protocols.
Errors in judgment could have continuing adverse effect on the city’s ability to deliver services, result in loss of municipal revenues, have far-reaching legal and financial ramifications, and cause significant adverse public relations for the town.
This is a part-time position working 15 hours per week. There are no benefits provided.
Beginning hourly rate is based off of individual qualifications.
Send resume to [email protected]
Application Deadline: July 12, 2021
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
1. Responds to customer requests for information. Assists and answers questions of the public, public officials, and staff in person and by telephone or other electronic means.
2. Prepares for and attends all regular and special meetings of the Honeyville City Council and Planning Commission. Provides informational support at all proceedings. Issues Open Meeting notices and meeting schedules. Transcribes meeting minutes in a timely manner.
3. Administers and maintains records of the oath of office for all town officials. Attests to election officials’ signatures. Attests to and maintains files of appointed and elected town officials. Serves as “Keeper of the Seal”. Seals and attests, by signature, to ordinances, resolutions and contracts, easements, bonds, and other documents requiring town certification.
4. Oversees the rental, use and maintenance of the City Parks.
5. Oversees the Honeyville City & Calls Fort Cemetery sale of plots and record of burials.
6. Answers complaints and refers complaints to the proper City official for attention.
7. Serves as an Election Official. Plans, organizes, publicizes, conducts, certifies, and prepares reports on all elections. Prepares and issues publicity and mailings regarding election activities, schedules, and locations. Recruits, trains, schedules, and supervises election work. Prepares and certifies official election results and related reports.
8. Process accounts payable. Audit receipts and disbursements. Receive all purchase invoices, ensure their proper coding, record them in the computer system and prepare payment vouchers. Maintain a system of control to ensure that expenditures do not exceed appropriations. Obtain two signatures on all vouchers for payment.
9. Collect payments for the water service.
10. Retain all public records that are required by Utah statute and/or Federal regulations.
11. Issues municipal licenses and permits and maintains files on such. Serves as the custodian of official town records and public documents.
12. Regular attendance and punctuality at the workplace are required.
13. Help maintain and updating the City website.
14. Serves as records officer which requires annual certification from the State of Utah. Participate in filing of documents and the gleaning of files when necessary. Participate in preparing documents for GRAMA requests.
15. Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates and shall exercise any additional powers that are or may be legally conferred upon the position by statute, regulation or vote of the Council.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
Education, Training and Experience:
Qualified applicants must be 18 years or older, have graduated from high school or have a G.E.D.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill:
General knowledge of the state statutes relating to the duties and responsibilities of the City Clerk. General knowledge of the functions of municipal government. Working knowledge of office administration, secretarial practices, financial record keeping and automated office systems and procedures.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all town employees, board/committee members, officials, and the public. Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form. Ability to establish and maintain complex record keeping systems. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deal effectively with interruptions, often under considerable time pressure. Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Skill in operating computers and applicable software applications to include, but not limited to, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Lifts/moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
2. Types on a keyboard at a moderate speed.
3. Communicates verbally and in writing.
4. Manually operates all office equipment and machines.
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Hourly Rate based off of individual qualifications.
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday