On Friday, March 27, 2020 Governor Gary Herbert issued the “Stay Safe, Stay Home” Directive.
Mayor Boyd Bingham urges all residents to follow this directive. Following these directives is necessary to keep Utah residents safe during the worlwide COVID-19 pandemic. Also, because of these directives ALL HONEYVILLE PARKS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
The directives went into place March 27, 2020 and are in place until April 13, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
You can view the entire directive at “Stay Safe, Stay Home” Directive
Below are just a few of the key points. PLEASE read the entire directive to be best informed.
* STAY AT HOME AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
* WORK FROM HOME WHENEVER POSSIBLE
* ENCOURAGE SOCIALIZING BY PHONE AND VIDEO CHATS
* SELF QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS AFTER TRAVELING OR BEING EXPOSED TO INDIVIDUALS PRESENTING COVID-19 SYMPTOMS.
* ENGAGE IN APPROPRIATE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- Maintian 6-foot distance AT ALL TIMES from other individuals when in public.
- Do not shake hands with other individuals.
- Do not visit friends or family without URGENT need.
- Do not attend ANY gathering of any number of people, except for members of the same household or residence.
* FOLLOW STRICT HYGIENE STANDARDS.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer frequently
- Avoid touching your face
- Cover coughs and sneezes (into sleeve or elbow, not hands)
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces
- Follow any other standards promulgated by the CDC, the Utah Department of Health, and applicable local health departments.
* LIMIT INTERACTION WITH HIGH-RISK INDIVIDUALS (Those individuals who are 60 or older, or any individual with a serious underlying medical condition)
* CHILDREN DO NOT ATTEND SCHOOL OUTSIDE THE HOME.
* DO NOT ARRANGE OR PARTICIPATE IN IN-PERSON PLAYDATES OR SIMILAR ACTIVITIES.
* DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN ON PUBLIC PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT.
* DO NOT DINE OUT EXCEPT FOR CARRYOUT OR DELIVERY.
- Schools may send home food.
* TIME SPENT OUTSIDE:
- Maintain a distance of AT LEAST 6 feet away from another person at all times while outside.
- Exercise outside while maintaining 6-foot distance from another person.
- Do not congregate at trailheads and other outdoor spaces.
- Do not travel to, or participate in activities at, any of the following locations: Places of public amusement or public activity, public swimming pools, or gyms and fitness centers.
* LIMIT TRAVEL ONLY TO ESSENTIAL TRAVEL (See directive for a definition of essential travel)
** WE DO NOT WANT OUR HONEYVILLE RESIDENTS TO PANIC. HOWEVER, IT IS VITAL WE FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIVES FOR THE HEALTH OF OUR COMMUNITY. THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR RESIDENTS WHO ARE SHOWING CAUTION DURING THIS COVID-19 PANDEMIC. AS A UNITED COMMUNITY WE CAN RISE ABOVE ANY CHALLENGE THAT COMES OUR WAY. **